- All Stainless Steel Construction
- 432 sq. in. of Cooking Surface
- Adjustable Airflow Charcoal Pan for Better Lighting and Cooking
- Easy Access Charcoal Door to Add Fuel
- Stainless Steel Cooking Grids
- Gourmet Oven / Hood
- Heavy Gauge Stainless Steel Warming Rack
Textured, stick resistant, stainless steel cooking grids are made of heavy duty 5/16" diameter rods evenly placed every 5/8". They are backed by 3/8" heavy duty cross rods to cover over 50% of the cooking space, perfect coverage for all types of food.
Cooking with Charcoal:
Charcoal grilling is a firm tradition in American backyard cooking. Using hard wood charcoal often adds savory flavoring and a smoked zest unmatched by indoor preparation. Whether using a direct method for flat meats or an indirect approach for roasts, the key to good grilling is to turn food at just the right time to cook evenly.
For a charcoal barbecue experience that's sure to tempt taste buds, follow these important grilling pointers:
Note: If installing into a combustible material you must purchase the insulating liner with your grill.
- Sprinkle any spices on your to-be grilled food an hour before you grill. This allows the flavor to sink in.
- Make sure enough charcoal is lit to form a bed of glowing coals 3 inches larger on all sides than the surface area you're planning to cook on.
- Use oil or cooking spray on the grill when grilling low fat meats and other foods. Make sure to not apply spray to a lit grill.
- Preheat the grill to the right temperature. Coals need about 45 minutes to heat up and should burn until they are covered with a thin coat of gray ash.
- Trim any excess fat on meats before grilling to prevent flare-ups.
- Always use tongs or a spatula to turn food on a grill; forks allow flavorful juices to run out.
- Typically, when grill marks on a steak or burger are turning black, it's a sign to flip them.
- Before serving, let meat or poultry sit for a few minutes on a serving platter. This allows the juices driven to the center by searing heat to return to the surface.