For recipe Friday we will be going away from the main attraction and focusing on desert. According to the 2011 Weber GrillWatch Survey desert was listed as the most challenging to grill. Cooking a desert on the grill is becoming more popular each year. I found a recipe for grilled bananas and decided to turn that into a sundae. My initial thought that grilling the banana would be easy. It was not too bad, but it was fairly messy to do.
- 4 Bananas
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Ice Cream
- Any toppings you want
- Preheat your grill. Low Heat.
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise then widthwise.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice on the banana pieces.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Roll the banana pieces in the mixture to coat them.
- Put the bananas on the grill and cook on each side for 3-5 minutes.
- Take them off the grill and make your sundae.
I did not follow the recipe exactly and I just eyeballed some lemon juice on the bananas. Don’t do that. What happened with mine is I put too much on and it coated well, but quickly melted the mixture into a thick liquid. If I just used the little lemon juice that was called for this would have cut down on that happening. This also caused a nice little mess on the grill.
Even with this little mess up they turned out very good. Serve them right away so the bananas stay warm. The vanilla ice cream with the warm bananas go perfect together.